This is the enhanced first stage of making guacamole. My wife once said to me, why don’t you make that into a into a salsa? So here it is. You can chop everything in a food processor, but it looks nicer and tastes better if you do the chopping by hand. If you use the machine, chop in a few short busts and stop just before it seems right.
- 3 cups chopped fresh ripe tomato, skin and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 Tbs. Tabasco chilpotle pepper saucesauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed chopped
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Pinch cayenne
Mix everything together and allow the flavors to blend for an hour or so in the refrigerator.
Makes about a quart.