In the first year of my radio show (1988), this was the most often-requested recipe on my radio show. At that time (1988), the dressing had become very popular in restaurants, but few recipes for it could be found in cookbooks. It’s easy to find one now. In fact, there are many honey-mustard dressing formulae out there. Here’s my original from back in its heyday.
- 1 Tbs. Creole or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. onion puree
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. white Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dots Tabasco
- 2 Tbs. tarragon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
1. Mix all the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl with a whisk.
2. Whisk in the olive oil in a thin stream, little by little, until it’s all incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
3. Chill for one hour before serving.
Makes two cups of dressing.