Watercress And Spinach Salad With Pecans
I love salads like this, with few ingredients but a great deal of contrast in flavors and textures. If the watercress isn’t available (or very fresh), use arugula.
- 1 bag spinach, picked and washed
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 grinds fresh pepper
- Generous pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1. Tear the larger spinach leaves into pieces. Toss all the spinach with the watercress and mushrooms.
2. The best way to mix the dressing ingredients is in a food processor or blender. After mixing, toss it with the salad ingredients immediately before serving. Top with the crumbed feta