Restaurants Open All Afternoon--Two Dozen Best
Tom Fitzmorris January 20, 2012 19:09
Two Dozen Best Restaurants
Open All Afternoon
The normal restaurant schedule shows hours for lunch and hours for dinner, with a gap in between. The staff uses that downtime to shift from one menu to another and to reset the dining room--both bigger jobs than you might imagine).
But some restaurants just keep on going between the two main meals of the day. Their logic is equally sound. They say, "We're here and cooking, so we may as well let people come in and eat." Those people are happy to find this situation, because there really aren't all that many good restaurants where you can have a late lunch or early dinner. At, say, four in the afternoon.
Here's a list of the two dozen best such restaurants. They are limited to the kind of place that you'd be pleasantly surprised to hear they're open in mid-afternoon. By contrast, one expects that sandwich shops, Asian restaurants, and chain restaurants will be open straight through. So none of those are here.
Click on the name of the restaurant for a full review.
1. Galatoire's. French Quarter: 209 Bourbon. 504-525-2021. Classic Creole.
2. Herbsaint. CBD: 701 St Charles Ave. 504-524-4114. French.
3. Drago's. CBD: 2 Poydras. 504-584-3911. Seafood.
3. Drago's. Metairie: 3232 N Arnoult Rd. 504-888-9254. Seafood.
4. Lüke. CBD: 333 St Charles Ave. 504-378-2840. French.
5. Katie's. Mid-City: 3701 Iberville. 504-488-6582. Neighborhood Cafe.
6. Charlie's Seafood. Harahan: 8311 Jefferson Hwy. 504-737-3700. Seafood.
7. Cochon. Warehouse District: 930 Tchoupitoulas. 504-588-2123. Cajun.
8. Fury's. Metairie: 724 Martin Behrman Ave. 504-834-5646. Neighborhood Cafe. Seafood.
9. Mandina's. Mid-City: 3800 Canal. 504-482-9179. Neighborhood Cafe. Seafood. Italian.
10. Domenica. CBD: 123 Baronne (Roosevelt Hotel). 504-648-6020. Italian. Pizza.
11. Hoa Hong 9 (Nine Roses). Gretna: 1100 Stephens. 504-366-7665. Vietnamese.
12. Maple Street Cafe. Riverbend: 7623 Maple. 504-314-9003. Contemporary Creole. Italian.
13. Crescent City Steak House. Mid-City: 1001 N Broad. 504-821-3271. Steak.
14. Joey K's. Uptown: 3001 Magazine. 504-891-0997. Neighborhood Cafe.
15. Lebanon's Cafe. Riverbend: 1500 S Carrollton Ave. 504-862-6200. Middle Eastern.
16. Cafe Granada. Carrollton: 1506 S Carrollton Ave. 504-865-1612. Spanish.
17. Andrea's. Metairie: 3100 19th St. 504-834-8583. Italian.
18. Red Maple. Gretna: 1036 Lafayette. 504-367-0935. Steak. Creole.
19. Coffee Pot. French Quarter: 714 St Peter. 504-524-3500. Creole. Breakfast.
20. Acropolis Cuisine. Metairie: 3841 Veterans Blvd. 504-888-9046. Greek. Pizza. Pasta.
21. Bourbon House. French Quarter: 144 Bourbon. 504-522-0111. Contemporary Creole. Seafood. Oyster Bar.
22. Byblos. Old Metairie: 1501 Metairie Rd. 504-834-9773. Lebanese.
22. Byblos. Uptown: 3218 Magazine. 504-894-1233. Lebanese.
23. Cafe 615 (Da Wabbit). Gretna: 615 Kepler. 504-365-1225. Neighborhood Cafe.
24. Slice. Lee Circle Area: 1513 St Charles Ave. 504-525-7437. Pizza. Italian.
24. Slice. Uptown: 5538 Magazine St . 504-897-4800. Pizza. Italian.