Fish On The Half Shell
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 4 large fillets of drum, redfish, or sheepshead, skin and scales on
- 6 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 4 sprigs parsley, leaves only, chopped
- Salt and cracked pepper to taste
Mix the wine, olive oil, soy sauce and lemon juice in a broad bowl big enough to fit the fish. Marinate the fish for about a minute, skin side up.
Place the fish skin side down on a very hot grill. Mix the garlic, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper into the butter, and spread it on top of the fish.
Grill the fish without turning until the very top of the fish is distinctly warm to the touch. It's best when some of the butter falls into the flames and smokes up over the fish. The scales will char
Serve with lemon wedges.