Oysters With Pepper Butter
- 2 oz. Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. dry white wine
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 36 oysters
- 1 1/2 cups corn flour (Fish-Fri)
- 2 Tbs. salt-free Creole seasoning
- 2 Tbs. salt
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing, or crumbled blue cheese
- Crumbled crisp bacon for garnish
- French bread, cut into half-inch-thick slices and toasted
Make the sauce first. Bring the liquid ingredients to a light boil in a small saucepan. Reduce by about a third.
Remove the pan from the heat. Whisk in the butter, a tablespoon or so at a time, until you have a creamy-looking, orange sauce. Keep warm, but don't keep it on a continuous burner.
Heat the oil to about 375 degrees.
In a bowl, add the Creole seasoning and salt to the corn flour and mix with a fork. Toss the oysters in the mixture to coat, and shake off the excess flour.
Fry the oysters until plump and light brown. Drain.
Serve the oysters on a piece of buttered French bread, drizzled with the sauce, and a ramekin of the blue cheese dressing for dipping. Crumble bacon over the oysters to garnish.