- Chef Andrea's fish marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3-6 dashes Tabasco
- 2 lbs. fresh yellowfin tuna, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt (preferably sea salt)
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio or other dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted calamata olives
- 12 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
- 12 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 anchovies (preferably white anchovies), finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. capers
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked al dente
Whisk the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. It won't blend completely, but don't worry about that. Marinate the cubs of tuna in this for about 90 seconds, tossing it around to coat well. Remove the tuna and let the marinade drain off. Save the remaining marinade to serve as a condiment to this dish on the side.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the tuna cubes, Italian seasoning, and salt to the skillet and sear the tuna, shuffling the cubes around every thirty seconds or so for about two minutes. Remove the tuna and set aside.
Add the wine to the skillet and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and add all the other ingredients except the tuna and the pasta. Cook until everything is heated through, then add the tuna.
Turn off the heat. Add the pasta to the pan and toss everything around to distribute the sauce ingredients.