Pasta With Shrimp, Garlic, And Vegetables
- 1 rib celery, chopped coarsely
- 1 carrot, chopped into thin sticks
- 1 cup broccoli florets, broken into very small pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, broken into very small pieces
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup small peeled shrimp
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 large ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 6 sprigs parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 4 green onion, tender green parts only, snipped thinly
- 1 lb. farfalle (bowtie) or other pasta, cooked al dente and drained
Bring two cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower. Cook for two minutes. Drain and rinse the vegetables with cold water. Drain and set aside.
Heat the butter and the olive oil together in a large skillet until shimmering. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, and cook until fragrant.
Add the shrimp, seasoning, and oregano, and cook until the shrimp have just turned pink.
Add the wine and bring it to a boil. Add the carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and tomato. Cook only until all the ingredients have heated through.
Turn the heat off and add the pasta to the pan. Toss to distribute the ingredients evenly.
Serve in large pasta bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley and green onions.