Pasta with White Beans and Bacon
- 2 Tbs. bacon fat
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 roasted bell pepper, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, fried medium crisp, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked white beans (leftovers are best)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. (precooked weight) cooked broad pasta, shells, or tubes
Heat the bacon fat and the olive oil together in a large skillet. In it saute the garlic, mushrooms, green onions, and roasted peppers until limp.
Stir in the bacon, basil, crushed red pepper, white beans and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and heat through. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
Serve in a soup bowl with a generous sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.