Shrimp and Scallops Stroganoff
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 24 medium-large shrimp, peeled
- 16 large, dry-packed sea scallops, sliced in half crosswise
- 1 cup fish or shrimp stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice or orzo pasta
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it bubbles.
Place shrimp and the scallops in the pan and saute briefly, until the shrimp turn pink.
Add all the other ingredients, along with salt and pepper to taste, and allow to come to a simmer while stirring lightly.
Reduce slightly until the sauce thickens enough to cling to the seafood. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Do not add Parmesan cheese, no matter how much you want to!