Shrimp Pasta Primavera
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 rib celery, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 cup small broccoli florets (or cauliflower, or both)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 12 sprigs parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 20-30 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1 lb. rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet until it shimmers. Add the green onions, garlic, celery, and carrots, and saute until tender.
Add the wine, Worcestershire, and 1/4 cup water from the pasta pot, and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, tomato, and parsley. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan. Cook till vegetables just begin to turn tender--about five minutes.
Add shrimp, oregano, salt and Creole seasoning. Raise the heat a little and agitate the pan until shrimp turn pink.
Turn off the heat and add the pasta. Toss with the other ingredients until well distributed. Serve sprinkled with crushed red pepper.